I keep thinking that I'm not preserving memories and moments. Then I think to this blog that I started and I really want to make the same commitment to a family journal that Pres Eyring spoke of.
This morning started a little behind the ball. I need to get back into the swing of hopping out of bed and into the shower to start the day. I really struggle because I want to read my scriptures and the best time seems to be before I shower and hit the day, but then everything else gets a slower start. If I bump scriptures to later on, then I run a high risk of not getting to them. Today I didn't get either advantage. I had a slow start AND didn't get to my scripture study. I gotta find a way to have both.
We did get a lot of schoolwork done though! We turned in a lot of ETAs (Essential Teacher Assignments) which is a good thing cause there are only 4 weeks left in the school year. I can't wait for school to be over... the kids can't either. WIVA through NOSD has been tough this year. There seems to be a lot of extra hoops as they try to be more like a traditional school. I'm hoping and praying that the new WIVA (through the McFarland School District) will be what I remember COVA as.
I really shouldn't complain about the old WIVA either. It has provided me wonderful opportunities to be with my children. We were even talking in FHE tonight about how it has helped our family grow closer together and even become stronger. I'm just hoping that the next school year will still provide that closeness, but without so many distractions.
After Robert got home we had cereal for dinner and then the kids went out to play with their friends. They really like the neighborhood and the weather is great for outdoor play right now. Robert and I got to sit and talk for a while. I really value the close relationship that we have with each other. I'm blessed that he wants to spend time with me too.
For FHE we had everyone gather in on our bed in a circle. We talked about how a circle is eternal and has no end and no beginning. While our family has no end, I had never really thought about our family not having a beginning either. It does feel like Robert and I have always been together though. And with each member of our family we can't ever imagine life without them. It seems as if they've always been there.
Joseph was wonderful and did the dishes tonight. Usually I'll rinse them and he'll fill the dishwasher, but I was busy so he did it all by himself. What a helpful son. He always is telling me that he loves me and I'll just quip back with don't tell me, show me. He really does show me that he loves me.
The evening is now done, Moroni is snuggled up to me with a bottle and it's time to shoo the other kiddos off to bed. What a wonderful blessing of a family we have.
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment