Saturday, May 9, 2009

A Great Date

Robert took Friday off. We got up and got to work outside. Robert removed the rock from our future strawberry patch and I weeded the garden bed for the snap peas that are coming up. We came inside and got breakfast ready for the kids, hit the showers and then left for the movie theater. Robert was excited to see Star Trek and it was a pretty good movie.

After the bank we went to CostCo. By the time we got there I was unbelievably green. I figured I just had to get out of the car and I'd be okay, but then I smelled the heating blacktop and it got worse. We got inside quickly and I hit the snack counter for a vanilla frozen yogurt. I nursed that all through the store and it seemed to really help. I should probably do that more since it also curbs my hunger during the shopping trip and any impulse purchases.

After shopping we had lunch (at CostCo) and then headed home. Part way home we realized that there were a couple of more errands we were going to run while in Madison. We decided to just go home anyway. It worked out well since we'd been gone most of the day and the kids had been babysitting and we got home just before their friends got home from school. Joseph, Ruth and Moroni helped me carry everything in from the car. Ruth saw the plums and really wanted to 'try' one. I cut it into small slices and she took a bite and said, "hmmm... that's not bad." Little stinker.

Robert and I then watched Bones from Thursday night with Rebekah and Rachel. They are really excited to see the season finale next week. They loved the Chuck finale from a couple of weeks ago. They even asked us not to delete it so they could watch it again.

Robert figured out how to get Civ III up on my mini laptop and his work laptop so we spent the rest of the night playing until 2am -- hence why I'm journaling on Saturday morning. It was a long day together and we both really enjoyed it. It really felt kinda like a honeymoon. He should take the day off more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment