Thursday, May 7, 2009

Pizza, Pizza

This morning started really well with the kids and school. We worked real hard until noon and then had lunch, played outside and cleaned up. They were quite excited since I was having our Enrichment Food Group over for Pizza cause Daddy would be taking them out to McD's for dinner.

I realized that I'm getting a lot of pizza this week. We had ChuckE Pizza Tuesday night and Homemade Pizza tonight and tomorrow we're having upside down pizza. If I hadn't been so sick on Monday, we were scheduled to have grilled pizza then too. Robert wanted me to make some extra crust so I could make pizza for us to have for breakfast tomorrow, so we can add that in to our Pizza Week.

When Robert and the kids came back Ruth came in and said, "Mommy, I came back!" As if I was worried she wouldn't be returning. haha Ben was quite frustrated that I called them up for scriptures/prayer, "I knew it" with a pouty face. I asked him if he knew what time it was? No. It's after 9:00. "Oh."

After prayers we read some Huckleberry Finn. Joseph and Rebekah enjoy it, but the rest of the kids don't really get it. The dialect can be hard to follow, especially when Jim is speaking. Joseph and Rebekah seem to be able to catch the story line though. I still have the younger ones listen in and Ruth and Sam usually fall asleep listening. Tonight only Moroni and Joseph were up by the time we read two chapters. Ben told me that it's because it's soooo boring, trying to convince me to start a different book. When we're done with Huck, I think we'll start Frankenstein.

Moroni stole a piece of pizza and snuggled up next to me on the bed. He finished it off and drifted off to sleep. He really likes pizza. He had two pieces at Chuck E Cheese's the other night. Then when we were getting ready to leave, he snagged another piece. Then he downed almost a full piece tonight after eating dinner at McD's. Maybe he's headed for a growth spurt. He could use one.

No comments:

Post a Comment