I'm getting better at getting things started in the morning. Now that I know that the kids don't have to have school 'complete' by the end of May (we can pick up in Sep where we left off), there is a lot less stress and I can give the kids more reasonable amounts of schoolwork.
We spent the morning working through schedules, etc. with the older three and gave them assignments of what to complete by tomorrow morning. They didn't do so well again, but I think they were starting to 'get it' by this evening. Maybe it will start carrying through to tomorrow. We'll see. I have high hopes.
Ben and Mary covered a lot in Math. We were supposed to work more with them in other areas too, but Moroni needed a diaper change. I went in to change him and in the time it took me to get a new diaper he had scratched so hard at his bottom that it was bleeding quite bad. I picked up the phone and made a dr appt for him the same time that Ruth's was scheduled, which was just 20 min later. So we quickly got them dressed and bolted out the door.
It turns out that Ruth has a form of ringworm. The Dr said that it probably originated on the thumb that she sucks and then transferred to her other finger and big toe. She then sent in a prescription for her and realized she did it under Moroni's name. She was really frustrated with herself because it was the second time she'd done that today. After resending a script in for Ruth, she checked on Moroni. She said it's kinda funny cause he has the same fungal infection on his bottom and would be treated the same way. Since she already sent the script in for him, we were on our way.
After we got home we had lunch with the kids and then Moroni and I went out to weed the rest of the dandelions from the front yard. There are still a hundred other kinds of weeds, but the yellow ones were easy to spot. Moroni loved picking all the brightly colored flowers. He just grabs the top and pulls. After a while I showed him his hands. They were yellow from the flowers and dusty from the pollen. Of course he wiped it all over his shirt.
I checked on the kids' progress with their schoolwork, and it was very frustrating, but by the time dinner rolled around, I think they knew what I wanted from them... actual work. I think it helped that they lost the privelege on working at it on their own in the basement and had to complete assignments upstairs... for the most part. Maybe they'll be better tomorrow... after all, it's a new day.
I took the Joseph to scouts, they had a partial palooza where they worked on or set goals for partially completed merit badges. He has a few goals, but I hope that he motivates himself to get things complete.
Rachel and Mary had activity days. They made some Mother's Day gifts and are really excited to give them to me. I told Mary she'd have to wait cause Mother's Day isn't until Sunday. I think she was thinking I didn't want to open her present. Sweet Mary.
Rebekah didn't have Young Womens so she got to stay home with daddy. I wonder if she got much done in the way of schoolwork while I was gone. We'll have to find out tomorrow.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment