Wednesday, July 15, 2015

10 years ago

With Joseph away at school, Rebekah almost always at work, Rachel and Mary at girls' camp, and Ben at scout camp, I only have Sam, Ruth, Moroni, Adam, Hyrum and Joshua at home.  That's only six kids.  (Yes, I realize how strange that statement sounds.)  My day to day tasks are the size they were ten years ago, except I now have the wisdom and maturity of ten added years and a little better perspective of what really matters.  I can see patience in myself that wouldn't have been there ten years ago.  I often worry that I'm not getting any better, that I'm not progressing as I should, and I'm impatient with myself for not being perfect already.  These last few days I feel like Heavenly Father is giving me a glimpse of what he is creating in me.

Now, here's the impatient part of me: If only I could jump 10 years into the future to give me the insight and perspective that I need for today.  Haha.  I don't really want to go through the stretching, I just want to magically be stretched.  I guess the gift to acknowledge today is the realization that the stretching is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment