Monday, May 11, 2015

Time

I'm really trying to give this a diligent effort, recording the Lord's hand in my life as well as the life of my family.  I really should be patient with myself as I establish this new habit, for I do want this to be a lifelong habit.

I think what I have noticed most over the last few days is the social growth in Hyrum.  From the time he spent playing with Joshua to the spontaneous imitation that he and Joshua are exhibiting, it is a thrill to witness.  Knowing that the desire to interact with a sibling isn't something you can teach, it fills my heart almost to bursting.  As I sit here tonight, trying to find the words to express my joy, I am dumbfounded.  How blessed I am to witness the miracles that have happened the last two years in Hyrum's life.  To know where he started and what he has had to learn is awe-inspiring.

Maybe the greatest blessing in the journey of the last two years is feeling the hand of the Lord.  I was prompted with early thoughts before anyone else caught on.  I felt alone and a quick depression sunk in, but I have felt the strength of the Lord teach me of His power and love.  When I made the decision to not cry and wade through sorrow, those weren't my own thoughts either.  I believe that I was being prompted not only to move forward, but how to move forward.  With faith and hope.  He has not let me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment